Friday, June 3, 2011

InFamous 2 Demo First Impressions


The InFamous 2 demo was released on the PSN and it provides an impressive and lengthy look at the upcoming game from Sucker Punch. The demo begins with a comic book-esque recap of the events of the first game and the events leading up to the second game. The demo then begins with Cole doing several missions to find items and increase his powers.
The demo has three separate missions and allows you to taste a little bit of the good and bad karma powers. Cole has to retrieve medical packages, retrieve an energy source for a power up, and save a kidnapped woman. All of the missions are a decent length for side missions in the main game.
The graphics and gameplay are impressive and the amount of unique powers and the destructibility of the environment were the two things that stood out the most. The controls were pretty good but still took a little time to get used to. Cole runs a little too fast to control reliably so I felt like I had to keep moving slowly just so I knew what I was doing and where I was going.
Cole gets a new close quarter’s weapon that allows him to fight enemies without firing off electric shocks that could end up harming Cole. One of the biggest causes of my character’s damage was my own projectiles so that is a nice addition.
The demo does a good job of showing off the impressive graphics and gameplay of the upcoming game. It has definitely made me more excited for the upcoming release of the game, if you have a Playstation 3 I would recommend checking out the demo. I’ll probably get the game and post a review later this month.

No comments: