Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oscar Mike Part 3

So we continue Oscar’s travels today with a trip down to Brazil, or do we? I dove head first into the favelas and dangerous alleyways of a militia infested Rio de Janerio but didn’t hear a single Oscar Mike, its seems Task Force 141 is more conservative with their Oscar Mike usage than the rangers.

But I won’t leave you all on that note, so I’ll talk about my experience with Sgt. Foley’s ranger squad in Northeastern Virginia. The level began with our group following close behind an enemy BTR and running past, with cover from a smoke grenade, into an alley. In that alley I encountered my first Oscar Mike in a long time. One of the rangers shouted that an enemy was Oscar Mike, that’s one.

The squad then fought their way to where the VIP codenamed “Raptor” was, we secured a new location for Raptor and moved him there. Once Raptor was safe Foley announced that the friendly convoy was Oscar Mike, that’s two.

Some enemy helicopters came by ready to send us to an early grave so the Sgt tasked me with taking them down. I headed to Nate’s to find the stinger missile on the roof. I heard a random ranger say that we are Oscar Mike to the target, that’s three.

Finally the convoy arrived and we moved Raptor to it, Foley began talking to Overlord and told him that we were Oscar Mike to Arcadia, that’s four.

So our running Oscar Mike count is at 11, tune in tomorrow same bat time same bat…er…you get what I’m trying to say.

No comments: